- February 8 2018
The first release of the City’s new mobile app – CityApp – is now available for download in the App Store and Google Play.
The app provides easy-to-use mobile access to our most popular online information from Hamilton.ca. Users can:
- Find and contact City Councillors, easily add committee meetings to their smartphone calendar, check meeting agendas and watch videos of Council and Committee meetings
- Access waste collection resources, including our interactive waste collection calendar and sorting tools
- View and filter drop-in recreation schedules by date or location. Add classes to their calendar and get notifications when drop-in programs are cancelled or facilities have emergency closures
- Take advantage of ‘Near Me’ GPS functionality and find local events and festival listings based on distance from their current location
- Receive notifications of emergencies, closures, cancellations and service changes
Upon downloading CityApp, users are prompted to answer a series of start-up questions such as what area of Hamilton they live in, and specific services or topics of interest, which helps tailor the app to their needs.
This release was timed with the Winterfest event, enabling residents to access information about events in a paperless format. Winterfest, which runs until February 19th, is an exploration of what Hamilton has to offer including winter-inspired neighbourhood celebrations, art exhibits, heritage exploration, recreation programming and much more. For more information, download CityApp, visit www.hamiltonwinterfest.ca or follow #HWF2018 on Twitter.
The City plans to do future releases of the app and is looking for public feedback. For more information, to download the app, and to take the in-app survey, visit www.hamilton.ca/CityApp.
The launch of CityApp supports the City’s commitment to providing residents with the continuous expansion of digital platforms.